Mobile Program Manager, Selling Program Management
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for a skilled individual to provide valuable expertise and leadership to projects across company systems.
At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with different talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. Our Information Technologies division works in partnership with other areas of the Company to develop and support the business systems and technologies used throughout Nordstrom. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
We are seeking a motivated leader with a passion and experience in consumer mobile applications to lead the development, prioritization and communication of our consumer mobile roadmap as well as lead our mobile program management team in the development of engaging and inspiring experiences for our customers.
The Mobile Program Manager role is a management position responsible for directly leading a team of product managers, project managers and business analysts in defining Nordstrom’s consumer mobile applications and successfully managing multiple, concurrent project efforts. This role will also manage relationships with internal stakeholders and business partners, develop project strategies, assess options, and implement solutions and will ensure quality work is delivered on time and on budget. The Mobile Program Manager role participates in the development of the mobile business vision and strategies in order to prioritize and align work efforts to company and business unit goals. This manager is also expected to provide leadership to their team with a clear vision of how their work aligns to the overall mobile efforts and inspires them to innovate to achieve best in class mobile retail solutions.
Leadership and Talent Management
- Hire, lead and develop an effective team of Product Managers, Project Managers and Business Analysts
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key business partners and leaders
- Provide leadership of the Nordstrom consumer mobile experience
- Communicate positively and effectively with team and across business units and the technology organization, including project sponsors and stakeholders to gain consensus among groups with disparate perspectives
Technology Business Leadership
- Develops and defines the customer mobile priorities and investment framework
- Leads team in defining user scenarios and features
- Stays current on mobile and retail industry practices and trends, including new technologies, assesses vendor solutions and communicates their potential impact on the business
- Responsible for decisions that impact product outcomes, financials and timelines
- Drives activities related to defining and reengineering business processes and requirements
- Effectively scales validation and testing requirements to the business impact of the solution.
Effective Project Management Leadership
- Manages the development of plans, resources and budgets across a portfolio of projects with a focus on delivering targeted business value.
- Develops and optimizes project strategies for consumer mobile
- Drives the development of business cases and ensures the right technology investments are made to support consumer mobile initiatives
- Supports project teams in the analysis of larger and more complex project impacts to business processes or systems
The ideal candidate will have a mix of four core competencies:
- Leadership skills in effectively leading people through clear direction setting, talent management and concisely communicating both across the organization pyramid.
- Product management experience in defining product vision and strategy, roadmaps and feature priorities.
- Experience in managing mobile application projects with a curiosity and excitement for delivering truly unique and differentiating customer experiences.
- Delivery management/project management experience with a knowledge of project management principles, methodologies and agile software development approaches.
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to
magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in mobile applications
- Experience in mobile product planning or product management
- 4 or more years of experience in project management and product management
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and senior leadership
- 3-5 years experience managing people (with HR responsibility)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field preferred
- Strong knowledge of project management principles and methodologies
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...