We are currently seeking a Mobile Application Development Manager, in our San Francisco, CA to join our SMB Commerce Team.
Job Title: Mobile Application Development Manager
Join us in the exciting mobile payments industry! We are looking for someone to design and build excellent native mobile applications. The identified candidate must be a top-notch engineer in either iOS or Android, with a good understanding of the other platform. This position will also manage remote mobile engineers and guide projects to successful completion.
Our office is located San Francisco, and while being local will put you in our first tier of candidates, our team includes telecommuters from around the United States. Responsible telecommuters are welcome to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the oversight of mobile solutions related the SAIL processing platform. These mobile applications are secure payment acceptance apps, utilizing peripheral secure mag stripe readers, and interface to multiple back end APIs. Ongoing management of onshore and offshore resources, including delivery and release schedules, as well as some coding and troubleshooting independently will be required.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Attract and retain top-tier talent for our mobile technology teams
- Review builds and coding practices
- Enforce software development life-cycle processes
- Provide management reporting and accountable delivery
- Development and maintain some aspects of the mobile applications themselves
- Work with Product and Project management resources to ensure alignment
Skills & Ability:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related area.
- 5+ years of mobile development or development management experience.
- Strong iOS (Objective C) or Android (Java) engineering skills.
- Able to build simple, elegant, powerful apps.
- Project management skills.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work with remote team members.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Disciplined self-driven mindset.
VeriFone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Strong technical skills.
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Multitasking capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast pace environment
- Ability to mentor and develop accounting skills for development staff.
Verifone - 20 months ago
VeriFone doesn't mind long check-out lines, but it does try to make them move faster. The company is a leading supplier of electronic...