Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that extends the Disney brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home decor and books to interactive games, food and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art.
- Follows technology news and market reports on a regular basis, collates and presents relevant trends and developments
- Builds mobile app prototypes and proof of concepts
- Teams with Creative, Technology, and Product Development teams to ideate and define product and technology needs and opportunities.
- Participates in writing code for web applications and connectivity between web and mobile platforms and consumer products.
- Works with technology vendors on product and prototype development: gathers requirements, helps vendor screening and selection, performs build and code reviews and testing
- Scouts, evaluates, and recruits new developers and technology vendors
- 2+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Experience writing and publishing iOS applications using Objective C
- Working knowledge of web services: REST/SOAP
- Working knowledge of web based applications: J2EE (JSP/Java/Spring)
- Working knowledge of databases MS SQL/My SQL
- Familiarity with CMS systems
- Ability to clearly communicate technology-related ideas, features, and specifications to diverse audiences
- Pro-active can-do attitude
- Published apps available on App Store
- Experience developing Android applications
- Strong project management skills
- Strong creative and innovative design skills
- Experience working with Content Repositories (e.g. Perforce), Continuous Integration Systems (e.g. Hudson), Issue and Project Tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
Disney Book Group, LLC
Be sure to take time to explore all the exciting Disney Consumer Products lines of business at http://www.DCPCareers.com and read about the variety of people who have made DCP the success it is today.
Disney - 20 months ago