POSITION SUMMARY: The Mobile Assessment and Referral
Counselor receives referrals and establishes assessment
and admission services to address patients with
behavioral health needs. The counselor’s objective is to
provide an appropriate disposition utilizing internal or
external services. The counselor is responsible for
assuring that patient information is obtained accurately
and conveyed to the necessary entities.
1. Prior experience with crisis intervention and
assessment and referral processes.
2. Knowledge in psychiatric diagnosis.
3. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s
Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through
compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of
Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately
reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the
4. Minimum 5 years experience in the behavioral health
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. Master’s Degree in psychology, sociology, counseling
or related field.
2. New hires as of March 5, 2012 must have Texas State
License - LPC, LCSW, RN, and remain current with it