The Mobile Group is seeking a backend software engineer to join the team that will architect, implement, and maintain various web applications for the National Football League’s Mobile Services Platform. The web applications include high volume, public facing transactional websites, internal tools, and backend processes. This position requires deep interaction with internal digital media systems as well as integrations with external systems for locations, notifications, ACR and EBIF and others. The candidate should have experience working on highly available transactional based web applications, and have a passion for technology and Fantasy Football.
- Extensive expertise with software stack architecture including building and maintaining database schemas, batch processing and tiered caching architectures to optimize content delivery
- Work with 3rd party companies on joint implementations and integrations
- Design, develop, test, and support new and existing, custom software applications for the league’s Fantasy Football platform
- Work closely with other groups within the NFL
- Meet aggressive performance and scalability goals to address unique traffic patterns and emergence of new technologies
- Guide and mentor other engineers on architecture, implementation and advanced technologies
- Participate in the development and preparation of software documentation
- Implement and run an appropriate support model for the platform.
- The candidate should have a BS, BA, or advanced degree in computer science or relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of expertise with PHP (Zend), MySQL, Linux
- Experience with Java web based technologies
- Experience leveraging top-tier Content Delivery Networks (CDN), such as Akamai, to optimize site performance
- Experience implementing content and data caching strategies
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible related technical experience
- Proven experience building complex, high-traffic web applications
- Strong teamwork and ability to effectively communicate with various business stakeholders, both internal and external
The National Football League (NFL) is a professional American football league that constitutes one of the four major professional sports...