Information is the fuel that drives our business. When plentiful, information enables sound business decisions. When well-analyzed, it has the power to effect change. When shared with others, it sparks improvement. At Verizon Telematics, we are pioneering patented technologies and innovative services designed to harness the power of the vehicle information network – real-time, anytime. From reducing the cost of vehicle manufacturing, service and ownership to supercharging fleet productivity, safety and convenience, we are setting new standards in the vehicle Telematics industry. What could be achieved with the right information? Imagine the possibilities we have.
We are delivering the next generation of vehicle information-based technologies and services – today. Our patented systems allow complete connectivity to any make or model vehicle, but that is just the beginning. What really differentiates us from other companies is our broad portfolio of services. Each designed to significantly improve vehicle and customer relationship management potential while greatly reducing costs. Whether in the business of automotive manufacturing, dealer operations, fleet management or affiliated services such as insurance or car rental, we can help map out the fastest road to greater efficiency and revenue. We will also demonstrate solutions never thought practical. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Sr. Mobile Developer
Position Summary Description:
The Sr. Mobile Developer will work in a team environment as a senior technologist, should be a self-starter with the ability to act as technical lead and lead developer for assigned projects. The person should be able to work closely with customers (internal and external), as well as onsite and offshore team members. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, along with demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills with a focus on customer satisfaction and customer relationship building.
As a senior mobile developer, this resource will design, develop and build high quality mobile applications, as well as enhance and maintain existing applications.
The role operates in an Agile/scrum environment and requires an excellent understanding of the full software lifecycle, including functional requirement gathering, design and development, testing of software applications and documenting requirements and technical specifications.
The candidate will help provide direction to junior to mid-level developers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Technical development lead for initiatives and projects as assigned.
- Ability to work with BA’s, architects and system analysts to create well written design documentation from business requirements, and be able to communicate well at all levels.
- Sr. mobile developer for initiatives and projects as assigned
- Creation of native mobile apps for iOS and/or Android or developing web applications for device agnostic solutions.
- Collaboration on UX design, wire frames, etc.
- Produce interim deliverables (such as style guide components, prototypes, proofs of concept, etc.) in addition to the final live site or application
- Participate in writing detailed level technical and functional specifications documentation, and work with onsite and off
- Mentor junior to mid-level developers
- Experience as a lead developer, working with onsite and remote team members in a matrix environment
- A team player with excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience working with UX design for mobile, wire frames, illustrations, prototyping.
- 7+ years of IT experience, Minimum 3+ years of solid mobile Application Development experience using java and or objective C.
- Must have at least one app posted to two different platform app stores – Market Place and App Store. (Have apps in production)
- Experience using one or more of cross platform technologies such as Phone gap, App-Celerator, Sencha Touch, etc.
Bachelors in computer science, engineering, or related technical field
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Employee is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 10 lbs.
Verizon Telematics, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to Search Results
Verizon - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...