Mobile Device Engineer
ecoATM is an award winning and exciting company, who is rapidly building a nationwide network of automated kiosks for recycling cell phones and other electronic devices. We are currently looking for an experienced and talented Mobile Device Engineer to join our team.
In this position you will be analyzing documented and undocumented mobile devices (from a wide variety of vendors, such as Apple, Samsung, Blackberry, Microsoft, etc) and documenting all of their secrets. You will be developing tools and procedures to understand mobile devices inside and out, from gathering identifying information, performing factory resets, or determining the protocols used by the device. If you have the know-how and drive to understand complex systems as an outsider, this may be an ideal position for you.
· Analyze and document (previously undocumented) software interfaces to mobile devices (primarily through standard USB cables)
· Analyze and document (previously undocumented) mobile device software protocols
· Analyze and document (previously undocumented) mobile device reset procedures
· Create simple, reliable command line tools to extract identifying information from a wide variety of mobile devices
· Developing relationships within the mobile development communities to quickly come up to speed on new devices as they become available
· Provide education to other engineers on the inner workings of these devices
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Extremely strong reverse engineering skills and working with undocumented systems
· Strong understanding of mobile operating systems, USB protocol and device drivers
· Strong documentation and communication skills
· Existing relationships with mobile development communities a plus
· Excellent problem-solving skills; must be an “outside the box” thinker
· Must have the ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent is required
· 7+ years of experience in a high level development environment
EcoATM has set out to forever alter the wasteful lifecycle of consumer electronics by automating the inspection and buy-back of these devices directly from consumers. ecoATM’s revolutionary eCycling stations (reminiscent of an ATM machine) provides cash to consumers for their used electronics by simply placing it in the ecoATM for automated inspection and testing. Working or not, the consumer will be offered compensation based on its market value. Cash is dispensed on the spot by the ecoATM. If the device has no remaining value, ecoATM will offer to recycle the device or accessory using the best environmental practices and processes possible.
With over 150 million phones alone sold per year in the U.S., the existing take-back solutions were not functional for that problem alone, which resulted in most used phones going into drawers or landfills. ecoATM’s solution targets mobile phones and accessories first and is in the process of transforming eWaste to the benefit of consumers, retailers and the environment alike. For more information, please visit our website at www.ecoatm.com .
Redbox wants to muscle its way into movie and game renters' hearts. In an industry dominated by Netflix and GameFly, it rents DVD and...