As a Software Engineer working on our iPhone/iPad app, you will be responsible for the mobile face to our customers end users. From the news feed and task list to the custom UIs our customers design on the our platform, you must make them look good and perform well on any iOS device. Your scope extends from RESTful web API design on the server, to the iOS-specific renderer for our cross-platform user interface framework, to the final user experience of the our app.
Platform: You are at ease with Objective-C as a language, as well as design patterns like blocks, delegates, notifications, continuations and categories. You could teach others what they are and how/why to use them. You understand iOS features like NSOperations and Grand Central Dispatch. You are comfortable with both manual memory management and ARC (and know how to avoid its pitfalls).
Frameworks: You have heavy-duty experience with UIKit, especially as it relates to things like autoresizing, layout, the view lifecycle, view recycling, and the use of .xibs versus creating views in code. You also have a good working knowledge of Foundation, CoreGraphics, CoreAnimation, and Networking frameworks.
- Get iOS app enhancements to the App Store on schedule with our server releases
- Participate in design of RESTful web APIs that support both forward and backward compatibility (either the app or the server could be updated first)
- Participate in software performance analysis and tuning
- Automate functional testing as well as testing for performance and security
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Experience with iOS 5+
- BS in Computer Science or related field/degree.
- A portfolio of publicly available apps
- MS in Computer Science or related field/degree
- Experience with Android and/or BlackBerry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
We are committed to excellence, and we are passionate about technology. We have high standards for our people and, in turn, we offer a work environment that fosters the same.
Send applications to email@example.com or recruiting @gtpartners.biz