Mobile Game Engineer (Android)
NAMCO BANDAIGames America is looking for an experienced Android game engineer. Candidates must have work experience programming realtime game applications, and are preferred to have lead professional experience on a project in the past. You are a product-focused team player that thrives in a highly creative, multi-disciplinary atmosphere. Further, you have professional experience programming games through more than one full product cycles. You will be responsible for maintaining and updating several game application code bases on Android, and also possibly Apple platforms (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad). The Engineer working in this role is a strategic thinker, problem-solver, detail-oriented, and must be an effective communicator. This is a mid-level position that will be expected to plan and work independently, with minimal supervision, and will be working closely with Producers, Designers and Artists.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop games for Android and/or iOS platforms.
- Maintain and update application code for games that are in our current catalog.
- Create builds from code provided by external developers.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Create and maintain utilities for use in development.
- Work closely with the development, design, and QA teams to meet completion deadlines for each project.
- Integrate change requests and playtesting feedback.
No supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years of professional game programming experience
- Android programming experience in a professional capacity is required, and NDK experience is desirable
- iOS programming experience desirable
- J2ME or BREW programming experience a plus
- Unity experience a plus
- Programming experience in Java is required, with C++, Objective C or Unity being a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Submit your resume to email@example.com
NAMCO BANDAI - 20 months ago