Quidsi, Inc., a subsidiary of Amazon, is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce retailers in the world. We own and operate ten retail sites, selling everything from baby needs (Diapers.com) to pet foods (Wag.com) to green and organic goods (Vine.com).
Our sites are host to millions of daily visitors and our warehouses are run by hundreds of autonomous robots. We sell and ship more stuff before breakfast than most e-commerce sites do all year.
Needless to say, our customers are crazy about us, and the feeling is mutual. Our entire operation, from our websites & apps to our fulfillment centers to our customer care center, is rabidly focused on creating a marvelous end-to-end customer experience.
This position is for a Mobile Operations Specialist looking to help build, test, and deliver impressive iPhone and iPad experiences.
Growing mobile engagement is a core strategic goal for the company and mobile is its fastest growing channel. You will be part of the small but dangerous Quidsi Mobile team, owners of all of Quidsi’s iPhone, iPad, and Android apps. We also manage the mobile-optimized versions of our main sites.
- You love mobile devices and technology.
- You are passionate about technology and the pursuit of the perfect user experience, but:
- You know when the right solution isn’t necessarily the technical one.
- You shop on your phone and know how it could be done better.
- You always read the release notes.
- You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions.
- You are looking for projects that wow.
- Own operations elements of the Quidsi mobile & tablet apps including deployment, testing, performance optimization, beta testing and troubleshooting.
- Work closely with developers, product and user experience to test and improve Quidsi mobile applications and sites on iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.
- Execute manual and automated tests, and identify actionable bugs quickly.
- Manage QA coverage of multiple mobile and browser-based projects. Planning/organizing necessary test plans, staying on top of all important issues, help triaging bugs and driving issues to resolutions and keeping everyone aware of QA status.
- Handle mobile-specific inquiries and questions from Quidsi’s customers and from other groups within Quidsi.
- Work with onsite and offshore teams to set their priorities and remove their roadblocks to make sure sufficient coverage is achieved for each release.
- Assess the status of the release, and help make sure that the release goes out on time with high quality level.
- Create and support test dashboard/report.
- Delve deeply into analytics to discover bugs that may not be reported.
- Read customer care inquiries to help discover and catalog issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage expectations, meet firm deadlines, and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Strong technical background. You’re not afraid to write scripts to parse big datasets, whiteboard technical architectures with the engineers, or explain how public-key encryption works.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle. You won’t be expected to write code, but you’ll need a deep understanding of how software is built and delivered. Experience with writing software for mobile devices is a big plus.
- Familiar with iOS and Android technologies, including phones and tablets
- Knowledge of Google Analytics to test specific mobile tracking scenarios
- Knowledge of mobile-optimized web experiences
- Experience with bug tracking and incident ticketing systems
- Experience writing and performing test cases and test scripts
- Understanding of standard software development life cycles
- This is an ideal position for a recent Computer Science grad that’d rather see the big picture than try and get code to compile.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with automated testing tools (Selenium, FitNesse, Watir, etc.)
- Experience with programming and scripting languages like Bash, Java, and Ruby.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, Test::Unit, xUnit, etc.
- Experience with performance testing tools like JMeter, Apache Bench, httperf
- Knowledge of agile development practices, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles coupled with a “Don’t make me think” understanding of usability
Quidsi Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Soap.com - 20 months ago