Mobile Performance Analyst
Spirent Communications is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
The Spirent Communications Service Experience Group is a trusted partner to the world’s leading mobile network operators and OEMs. We are setting the standard for mobile device, network and service performance measurement. Our patented technologies and methodologies enable robust, objective and repeatable analysis of performance from the subscriber point of view, in laboratory and live network conditions. We have certified over 900 devices through our Fit4Launch program, utilized by five of the top seven U.S. operators. Our cloud-based Measurement Systems enable measurement of any device, on any network, anywhere in the world. And our Insights tailored research services help our clients improve their products or strengthen their brands.
About our Insights and Fit4Launch Programs:
Fit4Launch is the leading program for mobile service providers and OEMs to identify device performance and quality issues before they hit the market. Unlike traditional lab tests, or FIT tests, Fit4launch combines live-network and simulated network performance measurements that capture real-world user experience and accelerate root cause analysis.
The Insights business line offers our blue-chip clientele answers to very specific research questions, centering on performance of a mobile device, network or service from the subscriber point of view. Recent examples of such questions include:
- One of the top U.S. operators wanted to know how battery life of LTE devices on its network compared to those on a competitor’s network, by application.
- An operator wished to establish statistically substantiated marketing claims of the superiority of application responsiveness on devices on its network versus leading competitors.
- A leading international operator sought to benchmark quality of its own video chat application against FaceTime and Skype.
- A well-known North American carrier wanted to compare its HD voice network with its competitors.
In addition to research conducted on behalf of clients, Spirent also undertakes independent measurement and analysis of performance of devices in the marketplace, to answer questions of interest to the industry, and to maintain a leading edge on measurement methodology and practices.
About The Position:
We are seeking a Mobile Performance Analyst to build a new and dynamic business area, to help create a scalable business model, and forge the template for future additions to the team, with a natural path for advancement.
The Mobile Performance Analyst will:
Work with the Sales team to establish and sell new Service Experience programs and projects:
? interfacing with clients to identify business problems or needs and determine solutions.
? interfacing with clients to define research questions, expectations of deliverables, intended use of deliverables, timeframes, and other requirements.
? development of statements of work.
? handoff to field and lab operations organization for data collection.
Produce value-add analysis on top of standard deliverables:
? tailoring reports and deliverables to client requirements.
? drawing key findings from performance results.
? analyzing various sources of data to answer the defined research question.
Create and standardize our product offering by:
? Understanding new trends in the industry.
? Packaging our current processes and products in a well-defined offering.
? Supporting the sales team in driving those products into an increased business.
Develop standard documentation and tools for the Insights business, including but not limited to:
? templates for statements of work and reports.
? legal language to protect Spirent on projects intended to support claims in the public domain.
? Knowledge base of prior projects.
The position will be based in Frederick, Maryland.
- Be well versed in the mobile industry.
- Be adept at collaborating across functional departments including sales, marketing, operations and R&D.
- Be proficient with analytical tools including Microsoft Excel and SPSS/SAS, and with development of high-quality reports and presentations for demanding, highly technical business audiences.
- Be able to analyze data from various sources, including RF information, QXDM logs and Spirent proprietary tools.
- Understand and have used common statistical methods.
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- At least 5 years of applicable experience.
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physical Sciences.
- Economics and marketing courses a plus.
Spirent Communications - 22 months ago