The Lyft mobile team is seeking a detail-oriented Mobile Quality Assurance Associate who will ensure that Lyft’s apps and next generation features maintain a high level of quality and performance. This will include testing new and existing products on iOS and Android platforms, as well as the integration of the back-end systems that power our client apps.
- Develop, iterate and own all testing-related documentation, including test plans, test cases/scripts, and bug reports assessing quality and associated risk for complex on-demand functionality across all Lyft mobile applications and their back-end counterparts
- Perform functional manual testing of new & existing features to cover all UX/business use cases and performance tests; ensure error handling and boundary conditions work as defined in product specifications
- Perform acceptance and integration testing on weekly builds of mobile application software
- Ensure test planning, test framework, execution, and reporting is efficient, standardized, and coordinated; guide the team with best practices in these areas
- Utilize a bug tracking tool to log and track issues in the current release in testing; verify bug fixes and regression tests of other impacted features perform correctly; verify all releases before and after deployment to production
- Work closely with product, design & engineering teams to help define quality criteria and quality metrics, and create specific use-case scripts to facilitate ad-hoc testing
- Ensure the product, design & development teams understand test results with regard to passes, failures and tests still to be executed
You’re resourceful, very curious, extremely thorough and love to break things. You’ll employ your full creativity and be stoked when you discover that really strange, obscure bug. Ideally, you have broad experience with technology, effective testing methodologies and best practices, mobile application development, as well as product design and UX fundamentals. You have a relentless and methodical dedication to quality and detail, and you’re excited about applying your development skills to help create testing efficiencies, and make sure every shipped release is water-tight and performant.
You’re also an excellent communicator and a flexible team player that can thrive in a very fast-paced, dynamic working environment. With regards to people skills, you should be comfortable working closely with passionate product and engineering teams that care deeply about creating products that bring people together.
You Must Have
Bonus Points For
- Strong understanding of SQA methodologies
- Experience with mobile development and knowledge of the idiosyncrasies associated with various mobile platforms, screen resolutions, mobile OS versions, and hardware form factors
- Ability to use basic Unix commands
- Have the ability to learn quickly and apply product knowledge to your test planning and quickly acquire a deep understanding of the application UX, design details, logic and dependencies
- Superb attention to detail and ability to identify, isolate and document defects in complex software features
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Ability to design and implement test automation & unit testing frameworks
- Experience with open source test tools
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages, especially Objective-C & Java
- Experience working with the Facebook Platform & Google Maps API
- Experience with real-time technology problems
Lyft - 5 months ago
Lyft is a mobile app for rides on demand from friendly, background-checked local drivers. We launched in San Francisco last June, and are...