The Lyft mobile team is seeking an experienced Mobile QA Automation Engineer who will help us automate our QA process. This person will help us to detect bugs and regressions faster, and to ship apps at an even faster rate with superb quality and performance.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Build refine and maintain our automation infrastructure in collaboration with our DevOps team
- Define, create and maintain automated test cases
- Develop, iterate and own all automation testing-related documentation, including test plans
- Help out with functional manual testing to cover all use cases and performance tests
- Log and track issues in the current release; assist in verifying all releases before and after deployment to production
- Work closely with product, design & engineering teams to help define quality criteria and quality metrics, and create specific use-case scripts to facilitate ad-hoc testing
- Ensure the product, design & development teams understand test results with regard to passes, failures and tests still to be executed
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience automating tests of native iOS and Android mobile applications
- Experience with open source automation testing tools
- Ability to design and implement test automation & unit testing frameworks
- Strong understanding of SQA methodologies
- Ability to learn quickly and apply product knowledge to your test planning and quickly acquire a deep understanding of the application UX, design details, logic and dependencies
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Experience working with the Facebook Platform & Google Maps APIs
- Experience with real-time technology problems
You have a background in QA and experience with automating test cases for native mobile applications. While you can reliably create and execute manual test cases, you love to find ways to automate them, and to keep refining our automated test coverage.
You have broad experience with technology, effective testing methodologies, best practices and mobile application development. You are dedicated to quality and detail, and youâ€™re excited about applying your development skills to help create testing efficiencies, and make sure every shipped release is water-tight and performant.
Youâ€™re also a good communicator and a flexible team player that can thrive in a very fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You should be comfortable working closely with passionate product and engineering teams that care deeply about creating products that bring people together.
Lyft is your friend with a car. Drivers are matched with passengers who request rides through the Lyft iPhone or Android app. Drivers are...