MOBILE QA ENGINEER, Blackboard Mobile |
San Francisco, CA
Blackboard Mobile is a division of Blackboard Inc., a global leader in enterprise technology and innovative solutions that improves the experience of millions of students and faculty for each of our client institutions around the world, every day. We pride ourselves on creating well-designed mobile solutions that leverage powerful components of various mobile devices.
Blackboard Mobile Central enables delivery of a rich set of campus life services and content in mobile apps uniquely branded for each institution. With an iPhone, iPad, Android, or other device with a mobile web browser, users can navigate course catalogs and campus maps, e-mail professors and classmates, and get real-time updates on their course schedules, campus events, news, and sports teams. Institutions using Mobile Central include Stanford, University of Washington, Northwestern, and hundreds more across the globe.
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Mobile team in our San Francisco office. The QA Engineer will be largely responsible for testing, evaluating, and proposing improvements to features and processes of our Mobile platform. This person will cover our Blackboard Mobile client applications currently across iPhone/iPad, Android, and MobileWeb, and also our web APIs. Their tasks will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Develop processes and create tests cases for routinely checking the quality and accuracy of our live mobile applications.
• Creation and execution of test scripts and test harnesses for mobile platforms.
• Work with our development team to implement QA processes within the development lifecycle.
• Assist in the resolution of diagnosed issues and ensure their timely completion.
• Interact with Mobile Developers and Web Application Engineers to communicate issues, needs, and deliverables.
• Ensure that new product enhancements do not impact existing processes or features already in place with Mobile applications.
• Maintain the integrity of multiple products before production releases.
• 3+ years professional experience with hands-on software testing, in a quality assurance testing role or software development capacity
• At least 1 year experience testing or developing on various mobile platforms, testing native apps on iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch), Android, BlackBerry, WebOS, etc.
• Must be detail oriented. Experience creating well-written test cases with test execution plans.
• Experience documenting test cases, bug reporting, test execution, and reporting test status.
• Ability to analyze and diagnose software issues with mobile applications, particularly on the iPhone.
• Proven experience working in small, cross-functional teams.
• Strong English communication (written and verbal) skills to gather requirements and communicate with Developers and other QA engineers.
• Understanding of how web-based applications work, including WebServices, XML, HTML.
• Automation experience (e.g. Selenium) or proficiency in PHP, Python, or Ruby is a big plus.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related area of study.
*Not able to consider candidates requiring current or future Sponsorship to work in the US
Blackboard Mobile is a division of Blackboard Inc. We pride ourselves on creating well-designed mobile solutions that leverage powerful...