POSITION TITLE :
Mobile Inspection/Railcar Repair Technician
Various Railcar Repair Sites (Home base Denison, TX)
Safely inspect and repair railcars to FRA , AAR guidelines and customer work instructions.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Participate in meeting objectives for safety, quality, and profitability
· Work in safe and efficient manner
· Follow all safety procedures, including wearing all appropriate PPE
· Perform railcar inspections and repairs according to AAR, FRA, company and industry requirements.
· Assist in maintaining inventories of railcar parts
· Follow all company and applicable railroad policies and procedures
· Understand operation of all equipment
· Conduct preventative maintenance and repair of equipment as required by Operations Manager and company maintenance schedules.
· Maintain good housekeeping of equipment and site
· Railway Education Bureau Lessons
· Perform S-486 air test with automatic tester
· Operate fork lift, mobile cranes, and inspection and repair equipment.
· Transport equipment to site locations
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must be available to travel extensively
· Team player
· Self motivated
· Good communication skills
· Good organizational and paperwork skills
· Ability to solve practical problems
· Detail oriented
· Basic mechanical skills
· Certified Welding to AWS D15.1
· Must possess a valid drivers license, CDL a plus
· Knowledge of railroad industry a plus
· Equipment operating experience a plus