In the Systems Engineering team at Walt Disney Animation Studios, we build tools and manage systems that artists use daily to create celebrated feature animation films. The volume and diversity of data manipulated during the filmmaking process demand that our high-performance computing and storage environments are stable, scalable, and robust. We are seeking Mobile Software Engineers with expertise in mobile and web development to innovate and support the next generation of engineering tools needed for our current and future films. Some of the systems engineering design challenges we face are designing robust and scalable tools to connect to and utilize database structures, visualizing complex data for analysis, and building tools to enable real-time communication.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated expertise in design and development of complex processes, and have the ability to quickly learn new skills. Critical to success in this role is an aptitude for working with a technical team to develop requirements, strategies, and to support the systems engineering software infrastructure.
• Design, implement and maintain iOS, Android, and HTML5 mobile applications in a high-performance computing environment
• Work with technical managers, engineers and production leads to develop software in an agile work environment
• Work in a small autonomous engineering team, made up of 2-6 peer engineers, helping debate and define their future technical roadmap
• Regularly communicate progress and issues with your primary team
• Help provide support for the products that the team is responsible for, working directly with customers on issues
• 2-4 years of object-oriented mobile programming and design in a professional or academic environment
• Demonstrated expertise in design and development of web applications
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly in working within teams and among stakeholders
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field preferred
• Objective C
• UNIX/Linux development environment
• SQL database integration
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures.
Disney - 2 years ago