Mobile and Interactive Web Developer|
The Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) is seeking talented web developers with specific expertise in mobile development and interactive user interface design to help reveal the beauty and hidden stories of the DMA’s remarkable collection of art. The Museum is looking for software professionals to join our team in Dallas to carry those stories to diverse audiences online and in the galleries. The ideal candidate will understand the nuances of deploying data-driven web applications both in the browser and to mobile devices.
The Dallas Museum of Art offers a full range of benefits to regular full time employees. We seek diversity and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Working with technical and non-technical teams across the museum is a requirement, so the best applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate complex technical issues in a clear and compelling way.
You must want to work for a dynamic arts organization that seeks to make a difference by providing compelling experiences with art both online and onsite. Prior experience in museums is not required, but a desire to learn new things and apply your skills as part of a team is.
The ideal candidate will be conversant in issues of aesthetic and functional design and will have experience thinking through issues of presentation and interaction across multiple technology platforms.
Candidates must have extensive experience in mobile web development and a sophisticated knowledge of user-interface design. Please come prepared to share links and discuss your prior work launching successful mobile websites and apps. Also, applicants should be ready to talk about their experience designing clean and effective user-experiences supporting access to diverse content and information. We are seeking the following
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Design, Computer Science, Interactive Media or a related field with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadline while maintaining a great attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of mobile web development and responsive design is required
- Experience with issues of User-Interface design and testing strongly encouraged
- Strong graphics design skills are a plus, but not required
The 23,000 works of art in the Museum's encyclopedic collections span 5,000 years of history and represent all media with renowned strengths...