This candidate will develop, implement and manage all aspects of the strategic plan for our mobile device platform (smart phones, tablets, laptops) across the organization. The strategic plan will include defining the hardware and OS strategies as they tie into business objectives, network and local device security, encryption, application deployment and management as well as day-to-day device provisioning/retirement. Along with the strategic plan the Mobile Mangement Architect will be responsible for defining the mobile application development framework that can be used by multiple business units in addition to the IT group and will be required to review and approve all planned custom built mobile applications.
At an operational level, the Mobile Management Architect will be responsible for overall asset tracking and work with appropriate stakeholders such as IT, procurement, finance and external suppliers to manage cellular data services for mobile devices. This includes managing usage and policies, performing routine reviews to ensure accurate billing and ensuring that the organization is optimizing it’s use of the mobile services.
• Develop and manage a Strategic Mobility plan including security, deployment/retirement, remote management, OS management and overall device management.
• Develop company guidelines for mobile application development. Review and approval of third party mobile applications built for Biomarin.
• Partner with key mobile experts in the Business Units to understand and help facialitate their desire to use mobile technologies.
• Drive innovative ideas for leveraging mobile technologies to make people/processes/business more efficient.
• Ongoing review of mobile plans to ensure appropriate billing and effective use of services. Direct participation in the re-negotiation of contracts with mobile vendors for devices and services.
BS in MIS, Computer Sciences, Relational Programming or related area of study
Minimum 3-5 years experience managing mobile devices
Minimum of 1-3 years developing or designing mobile applications Knowledge of biotechnology processes and process data flow is a plus