Directly responsible for production, quality and efficiency of the Model Shop personnel, along with the overall Operation, appearance, and representation of park-wide models and Miniland to ensure the best possible guest experience is achieved while meeting requirements and budgets. Maintains effective working relationship with Model shop supervisor, Model Designers, Model Repair Techs, Model Animation Techs, Model Re-setters, Operations department leadership, Maintenance department staff and other departments as needed. Coordinates with other leadership roles to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Background and Experience:
A minimum three years related and progressive experience or equivalent combination of additional education, training and experience is required. Project leadership and program management experience required. Considerable knowledge of the practices, tools, and equipment used to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain LEGO models and/or model animation is required. Requires ability to read and evaluate attraction briefs, reports and correspondence. Requires the ability to present and communicate ideas and concepts graphically. Requires the demonstrated ability to create sketches, schematics, drawings as well as details and specifications. Must have a general knowledge LEGO elements . A friendly, polite and guest service oriented demeanor is required. Requires the ability to use sound judgment and maintain confidentiality. Follow directions effectively, with the ability to observe and remember details. Ability to make quick and proper decisions. Must be able to react under pressure or in an emergency in a calm and rational manner. Possesses thorough understanding of, but not limited to, working knowledge, of all phases of model production and maintenance for Miniland and Show and Ride models.
Scope and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees and leads the Model Shop MCs. Responsibilities include, planning, assigning and directing work; documentation and follow through, design development, coordination and art direction.
2. Takes a proactive role in developing design solutions as briefed through all design stages.
3. Provides input on performance reviews and delivers corrective action in accordance with LLC polices.
4. Produces as necessary high quality illustrations and documentation to clearly define the design proposals and solutions for each stage: i.e. design intent, guest experience, attraction layout, queue areas, ride envelope, model/show scenes, interface with surroundings, infrastructure requirements, installation and construction details and any other supporting information required.
5. Accountable for monitoring and achieving the Model Shop budget.
6. Provides constructive feed back to model shop MCs to ensure optimum performance.
7. Ensures attractions conform to brand values, guest needs and safety codes.
8. Develops effective working relationships with suppliers as necessary.
9. Follows established maintenance program, including any emergency repairs as required to keep down time to an acceptable minimum in all areas of attractions and facilities.
10. Develops and maintains a professional approach to meet deadlines and ensures accurate information is supplied to others by dates required.
11. Ensures the security and safety of all models by inspecting and preventing safety hazards on all rides and attractions.
12. Operates some basic machine tools, such as drill presses, and power saws
13. Operates service equipment such as Fork Lift, Boom lift , Reach fork lift, and Scissor lift.
14. Recognizes models that need repair, replacing, or redesign.
15. Keep tools, machines, and all other company equipment in clean and good working order.
16. Keeps safety as #1 priority.
17. Stays informed and updated on modern techniques and technical methods by attending supplemental courses, seminars, conventions, etc.
18. Attends weekly staff meetings for purpose of directing, informing and training.
19. Follows LEGOLAND California established employee handbook policies at all times.
20. Responds to emergency calls within park, expediting repairs to ensure guest and fellow MCs safety and comfort at all times.
LEGOLAND - 2 years ago
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...