Job Title: Modeling & Risk Management Staff Actuary
Job ID: 03533
Division : P & C Loss Reserving
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This position provides advance financial analysis and modeling techniques to assist corporate officers and directors at making strategic business decisions for both the long and short term. Analysis of corporate surplus and allocation across product lines; risk adjusted rates of returns by product and across businesses, determination of excess surplus and appropriate investment strategies, development of strategies to assist in the analysis, measurement and reporting of the enterprises' financial, operational, and governance risks.
- Advanced Financial Analysis & Modeling (60%)
- Completes loss cost studies that are used by corporate officers and directors throughout the company to make appropriate strategic operating decisions.
- Develops advanced financial models including models encompassing the actuarial techniques of Dynamic Financial Analysis. Models are both deterministic and stochastic in nature and require sophisticated statistical skill and modeling techniques.
- Utilizes predictive modeling in the determination, analysis, and usage of excess surplus. Assists in determining the appropriate allocation of surplus across product lines to determine accurate rates of return and development of appropriate strategic corporate objectives. Provides cost/benefit, ROR, present value analysis, and various other types of financial analysis of proposed projects to assist upper management in making informed decisions on major projects.
- Provides in-depth analysis of potential merger / acquisition candidates. Uses sophisticated and innovative research techniques to determine appropriateness of target company and recommends decisions to corporate officers. Prepares appropriate models to determine an appropriate price.
- Develops models which will assist in dynamic portfolio optimization or enhance our risk return profile. This includes models which strategically optimize growth patterns through appropriate geographic and line of business allocation.
- Provides modeling expertise and support in the identification, analysis, measurement and correlation of enterprise risks, including financial, operational, and governance risks.
- Selling and Promoting Modeling (25%)
- Builds an understanding of DFA modeling across stakeholder divisions achieving buy-in of the methods and data being employed.
- Communicates (both oral and written) findings to all levels of management and to people of various financial backgrounds. Presents the results and implications of modeling efforts to the impacted business units.
- Data Management (15%)
- Assists with the division's data quality processes and strategy, ensuring compliance with regulatory mandates and integration with cross divisional initiatives.
- Evaluates and recommends new analytical tools as needed. Coordinates the implementation of these tools with I/S and may develop related education and training strategies for the division.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Build Org Commitment
- Conceptual Thinking
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS) or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA).
- Demonstrates expertise in applying advanced quantitative analysis techniques in financial analysis and forecasting situation.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of advanced financial analysis techniques including actuarial techniques such as Dynamic Financial Analysis (DFA).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of profitability, growth and risk concepts.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...