Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $87 billion. Key companies provide investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally. The company's businesses deliver their products and services through branches and offices; a network of 1,576 ATMs; telephone banking centers 800-KEY2YOU® (800-539-2968); and a website, Key.com®, that provides account access and financial products 24 hours a day.
About the Business
Strategic Analytics is a division of Consumer Credit Risk Management (CCRM) with a mission to control and manage the multi-billion dollars in consumer credit risk exposure for KeyCorp. In fulfilling this mission, CCRM works cooperatively with other functional areas to optimize portfolio performance while mitigating risks. CCRM/Strategic Analytics delivers a wide variety of value-added services to the businesses it supports, including: assisting other KeyBank lines of business with their data analysis needs such as the development of software, mathematical models, and scorecards that are used in Risk Analysis, Forecasting and Customer Profiling. During the model development, Strategic Analytics works with the lines of business in all areas of the data mining process. This involves collecting and cleansing data, selecting variables for model development, building the model, scoring the data sets, and then assessing the effectiveness of the model prior to and after its use. Strategic Analytics also provides line of business support by leveraging credit risk, credit bureau and analytical expertise to generate revenue and reduce risk.
About the Job
The Modeling Analyst position within CCRM/Strategic Analytics/Credit Marketing Services will work closely with internal and external constituents to identify and implement solutions across a broad range of business needs. The successful candidate will leverage internal and external data sources using various technical and business intelligence tools and will assist in managing credit risk in support of marketing activities including: developing strategy; sizing opportunity (product preference/suppression/offer amount, etc.); and building reporting structures for comprehensive analysis. Additional activities would include: auditing campaign builds; integrating new product work streams; assisting in establishing test and learn strategies (i.e., balance transfer opportunities, offers per tier, interest rate considerations, etc.); supporting deep-dive analysis around approval/decline and other application strategies; and revising/enhancing programs for future programs. Initiatives may include campaign support around Credit Pre-Approval (CPA), Invitation to Apply (ITA), Utilization, Balance Transfer, etc.
Essential Job Functions
Credit Risk Origination Strategy Management (Plan/Build/Execute)
- Assist in credit risk management in support of credit card marketing campaigns including Credit Pre-Approval (CPA), Invitation to Apply (ITA), Utilization, and Balance Transfer activities.
- Support development and implementation of pre-approval strategies including sizing and building opportunities (product preference/tier assignment/offer amount, score/attribute usage and/or thresholds etc.).
- Manage credit components of champion/challenger strategies and thresholds including (balance transfer opportunities, offers per tier, interest rate considerations, etc.).
- Assist in building process and timelines to maximize opportunities and efficiencies.
- Implement appropriate suppression logic in support of offer/strategy management (i.e., suppression of previous turndowns, recent applications, current delinquency, credit disputes, line blocks, etc.).
- Audit credit components of campaign build in collaboration with Database Administrator(s), credit bureau, Data Base Marketing (DBM) and/or other internal or external partners as needed.
- Provide data management support to ensure all necessary data and appropriate tracking mechanisms are built, collected and stored.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to avoid inconsistent CPA decision logic among other decision platforms (FID, InterConnect and Account Management platforms) and in conjunction with loss forecasting updates and origination scorecard enhancements.
Credit Card Campaign Criteria Management
- Maintain and track credit bureau criteria, scorecards, and attributes against campaign performance
- Monitor credit criteria thresholds against application approval, and decline measures.
- Assist in research and deep-dive analysis as needed.
- Unveil opportunities for enhancement and assist in testing and rebuilding as applicable.
Campaign Performance Reporting (Analysis)
- Provide Daily/Weekly/Monthly Application Reporting for Campaign Origination
- Provide Weekly/Monthly Product/Offer/Campaign Reporting
- Provide Monthly Champion/Challenger Strategy Performance Reporting
- Provide Monthly Cross-Sell Offer Reporting
- Provide and Manage Reporting on Campaign Details, Results and Trending Comparisons
- Work with internal teams to establish monthly credit card and/or campaign tracking of pre-approved applications/booked accounts vs. ITA vs. NBV vs. portfolio for monthly Asset Quality meetings.
- Work with Risk Underwriting & Product Partners to provide adhoc research and reporting as needed.
- Provide Periodic Criteria Reviews and Deep Dive Analysis
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's preferred
- Solid background in business, marketing, finance, math, statistics, or economics.
- Familiarity of marketing, database marketing, credit bureau, and/or credit risk.
- Strong analytic capabilities
- Programming skills (SAS, SQL Excel); Familiarity with modeling software (SAS EG, SAS EM, Xeno, Model Builder) is a plus.
- Strong data management skills
- Knowledge of bank systems and how to maximize the use of customer data stored in these systems
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Strong project management skills, ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to translate technical information into easily understandable terms
- Superb oral and written communication skills; ability to understand and perceive client requests/needs, respond to questions with clear, effective answers, and present recommendations in a cohesive manner.
Careers at Key
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
KeyBank - 13 months ago
Financial services giant KeyCorp unlocks its customers' monetary potential. With a focus on retail operations, flagship subsidiary...