Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Modeling Analyst I for our San Antonio, TX facility.
THIS JOB IS GOVERNED BY THE MODELING ANALYTICS GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE, PLEASE CONTACT A COMMITTEE MEMBER
FOR APPROVAL PRIOR TO POSTING. Partner with and leads cross-functional teams in creating models to produce substantiated recommendations and reports in support of business initiatives, efficiencies and potential strategies. This may include modeling design, development, process and utilization of sophisticated statistical modeling methods and tools. Independently, under minimal supervision, with a high level of certainty, manages/performs moderately complex to complex work assignments; manages problem resolution across systems, processes or channels; and navigates obstacles to deliver the work product. May perform multiple team roles (team member, team co-leader) while effectively contributing to the achievement of team / organization goals. Serves as a resource and provides guidance to less experienced team members on routine and escalated issues in the design, development and implementation of statistical models. May present and communicate findings to various levels of leadership.
- Applies intermediate to advanced knowledge of functional and business processes and procedures, and routine modeling theories and techniques to create effective modeling solutions for a single or multiple business function.
- Responsible for the end-to-end model design, development and process; which includes but is not limited to identifying objectives, sampling, testing/validation, calibration, and monitoring performance. Ensures adequate internal control processes around model development, implementation and validation are established.
- Collaborates with peer partners in identifying business requirements, developing business cases, validating assumptions, methodologies, and conclusions. Determines and implements the most efficient way of gathering information, validating, and preparing data. Evaluates data quality ensuring standards and guidelines are met.
- Utilizes predictive analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness. Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making. May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Maintains models and works with databases of relevant business information to conduct analysis.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Statistics, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related quantitative field.
- 4+ years related work experience in statistical analysis and/or model development.
- Knowledge in developing analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, BI tools or other analysis software.
- Knowledge in 2 or more statistical techniques (Generalized linear modeling, Time Series, CART, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Factor analysis experimental design and hypothesis testing).
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Masters, PhD (ABD ok) in Statistics, Economics, Demography, Mathematics, Sociology, Experimental Psychology or related field.
- Knowledge of predictive modeling.
- Knowledge of programming language(s) and statistical techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate statistical and analytic results
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...