TITLE: Process Engineer
LOCATION: Columbia, SC
SALARY: $65,000 - $70,000
To APPLY: Email your resume to Sherri Buckner at
Reports directly to the Business Unit Manager, Injection
Molding or Senior Process Engineer. Provides Engineering
support to the Molding Department to achieve production
volume at the highest quality and lowest cost. Duties
require application on engineering principles and
practices in broad areas of assignments. Incorporates
latest developments in technology, equipment and
materials and pursues implementation within Company
1. Assists supervisors and molding technicians to
improve quality and output of molded components.
2. Coordinates with the tool room group leader trouble
shooting problem molds.
3. Makes recommendations and assists maintenance in
repairing and updating of production equipment.
4. Supervises operating parameters of molds and related
support equipment. Assures adherence to manufacturing
5. Directs the molding technicians in setting optimum
molding parameters to achieve production volume goals at
the lowest cost. Issues periodic status reports on molds
and other related equipment.
6. Assists and makes recommendations to design
engineering in developing equipment to automate the
Molding Department material handling systems.
7. Aids the Business Unit Manager, Injection Molding or
Senior Plastics Engineer, in establishing achievable
goals and budgets. Assists in setting standard costs for
8. Coordinates with other Engineers and Molding
Technologies (R & D) to improve existing plastic parts
and generates appropriate support data to gain approval
for recommended changes. Makes recommendations as to the
technical feasibility of the method or means to resolve
9. Assists in training and development of department
personnel. This is to include old and new technology
10. Plans and coordinates special projects to meet
quality, productivity and cost objectives consistent
with departmental goals.
11. Performs equipment and mold validations to insure
budgeted cost and quality levels are achieved. Prepares
required documentation i.e., validation
protocols/reports to meet quality system guidelines.
Assist in the performance of DOE’s as may be required.
12. Performs other duties as may be required by
supervision or as needed to support the business.
Requires BS degree preferrably in Plastics Technology
and a minimum of 5 years experience in plastics
RJG experience/certification preferred
Must be self starter and able to work with minimum
Must be effective communicator at all levels
Prefer experience with high volume, high cavitation
Medical molding experience preferred
Management Recruiters of Person County - 30+ days ago