The Monitor Technician assists the Nursing Department in the care of patients by monitoring cardiac rhythms. The Monitor Technician ensures that LifeCare Hospital’s philosophy, standards, policies and procedures are met and maintained in a professional manner. The Monitor Technician is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Monitor Technician competency checklist.
2. Identifies patient arrhythmias/abnormalities or significant changes from baseline and reports changes immediately to the assigned nurse.
3. Documents and interprets patient’s heart rhythm and rate by utilizing telemetry recordings.
4. Properly plans/organizes work for assigned shift to properly utilize time, resources, manpower, supplies to ensure patient receives appropriate quality care.
5. Obtains six second strip as indicated by patient condition and gives current strips to charge nurse for further evaluation.
6. Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the charge nurse of any risk factors seen; initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
7. Exchanges routine information in an appropriate manner requiring good oral and written communication skills.
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Experience: Six to twelve months of experience in telemetry or ICU setting desired
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Completion of Basic EKG Interpretation Course
3. Completion of Intermediate EKG Interpretation Course desired
Licensure/Certification: EKG certification/registration as required by individual states
Lifecare reserves the right at any time to delete or modify any of the job listings referenced on this site, including any modification of the benefits or compensation listed for such positions. The job listings on this site do not constitute an offer of employment or contract offer of any kind, but are intended solely as information concerning possible job positions with LifeCare as of the date such job listings were published. LifeCare does not guarantee that any of the jobs listed will be available at the time of any inquiry by a potential applicant, and LifeCare reserves the right not to fill or employ any person in any of the job positions listed. All applicants for any job positions are subject to any and all established preplacement procedures. Lifecare, in its sole discretion, shall determine any persons to whom offers may be made.
LifeCareJobBoard.com - 10 months ago