This position exists for the constant monitoring of patient cardiac rhythms including those with technological support (i.e., pacemakers, AICD) documenting initial interpretation, and reporting of critical information based upon the observed cardiac rhythms for final interpretation or overview by patient physicians. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Experience as an EKG technician, Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic, or equivalent position.
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Arrhythmia course, anatomy and physiology courses and/or related courses.
- Current CPR certification.
- Experience with microcomputers or CRT terminal is preferred.
- A thorough knowledge of electrocardiographic procedures and the EKG manifestations of the entire variety of cardiac arrhythmias in order to identify and effectively communicate significant and/or life threatening cardiac rhythms.
- Good visual acuity and sustained concentration to effectively observe cardiac rhythms on CRTs.
- Ability to utilize automated menu system to manipulate, process and enhance patient information.
- Ability to recognize equipment problems in order to maintain adequate signal; calls for support from Biomedical Engineering, as required.
- The ability to gain knowledge in pacemaker and AICD technology.
- A high degree of concentration and alertness to details in order to provide constant and effective monitoring of patient cardiac rhythms.
Ball Memorial Hospital
- 2 years ago - save job