Monitoring Technician monitors, recognizes, and reports to the RN caring for patient any changes in rhythm or alarms per protocol and maintains the patient charge system for telemetry in the central monitoring station.
1. Monitors and reports the EKG rhythms of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients in the central monitoring station; communicates alarms and changes in heart rhythm to patient’s RN.
2. Maintains logbook and charging system; measures and diagnoses strips every 12 hours and PRN on each telemetry patient and send to appropriate unit.
- High school education or equivalent necessary.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, annual certification in CPR, infection control, safety, hazardous materials, and fire safety.
- Previous computer skills preferred.
- Possesses effective interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- No significant lifting; physically capable of sitting, reaching, ability to do calculations.
- Successful completion of monitor training program.
- EKG Certification
Central monitoring station may have varying numbers of patients being monitored, unpredictable number of alarms. Must follow set protocols for alarm communication.
Allegiance Health - 30+ days ago