Under the direction of the Primary Charge Nurse, the Monitor Tech is responsible for observing cardiac rhythms of all patients admitted to with Telemetry orders and reporting variances to appropriate personnel. Monitor Tech is accountable to Nursing Director through the Clinical Director/Charge Nurse.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- High-school diploma or GED required.
Minimum Licensure/Certification/Registration Requirements
- Basic Computer Skills, excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills is preferred.
- Knowledge of cardiac rhythm interpretation proved in orientation and successful completion of Basic Rhythm Class is required within department orientation timeframe.
- Previous experience with telemetry monitoring/Unit Coordinator responsibilities is preferred.
- *Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time) and/or negligible force frequently (from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Constantly (67 - 100%): Sitting, Computer Usage,
- Reaching and Twisting Frequently (34 - 66%):
- Bending/Stooping Occasionally (1 - 33%):
- Walking Rarely (< 1%): Climbing Stairs and Ladders, Kneeling/Squatting and Crawling
- Will constantly carry up to 10 lbs and rarely carry above 26 lbs
- Will constantly lift up to 25 lbs and rarely lift above 26 lbs
- Will occasionally pull up to 10 lbs and rarely pull above 11 lbs
- Will occasionally push up to 10 lbs and rarely push above 11 lbs
Bloomington Hospital - 17 months ago