The Monitor Technician (MT), under the direct supervision of the registered nurse, is responsible for the continued monitoring and observation of the patient’s cardiac rhythm, indirect care by performing clerical duties and direct care by performing PSA duties. |
- Accurately enters patient information into the central monitor.
- Continues observation of patients’ rhythms throughout his/her shift.
- Obtains and places strips on patients’ charts on admission, every 6 hours and with any rhythm change.
- Notifies nurse immediately of any rhythm changes.
- Monitors equipment to ensure working order and cleanliness. Enters work order for broken equipment.
- Transcribes physician orders.
- Accurately documents vital patient information in the chart.
- Stocks patient supplies and assist with inventory.
- Responsible for interpreting, understanding and responding to all forms of communication at the nurses station to include phone, paging system, intercom, central station and visitors.
- Assembles charts for admission, discharge and transfer.
- Obtains vital signs and reports abnormal values to registered nurse.
- Assists with ADLs.
- Obtains 12 lead EKGs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Previous health care experience preferred
- Nursing students
- Successful completion of a 4-hour arrhythmia class within 3 months of employment and annually
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge with demonstrated administrative skills
- High level of compassion, desire to help others and self-confidence
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
Culpeper Regional Hospital - 16 months ago
Culpeper Regional Hospital is a general medical and surgical hospital in Culpeper, VA