- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Basic Arrhythmia Cert
- 2 - 4 Years
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILIES:
Monitors the patient’s cardiac rhythms on the Telemetry Unit.
1. Demonstrates effective communication skills with patients, visitors, co-workers, physicians, ancillary departments and NMT.
2. Facilitates coordination of patient related activities.
3. Maintains orderly unit
4. Utilizes patient call system as indicated and communicates to appropriate nursing staff.
5. Demonstrates effective working relationships with professional staff, co-workers, physicians, ancillary department personnel and members of the NMT.
6. Reports changes in patient’s EKG to appropriate RN. Per telemetry protocol.
7. Maintains and documents ECG/other telemetry data on appropriate forms as per policy.
8. Prepares and updates forms/logs and records related to the management of telemetry data and the patient care unit.
9. Completes the telemetry documentation tools as outlined in telemetry monitoring procedure (Addendum 13).
10. Maintains working knowledge of monitoring equipment used on unit.
11. Processes admission/transfer/discharge of patients on telemetry.
12. Maintains par levels of the telemetry batteries.
13. Interprets changes in rate and rhythm on ECG and reports to appropriate RN.
14. Is alert to, and identifies safety hazards.
15. Communicates safety issues with appropriate department and charge nurse.
16. Follows through with Patient Care Director on safety issues.
17. Reports malfunction of equipment/interruptions in telemetry transmission to Bio-Medical Department.
18. Maintains current knowledge of role through attendance at all mandatory educational programs. Communicates educational needs to Patient Care Director
19. Participates in co-worker orientation as requested.
20. Maintains a positive image in performance and conduct.
21. Demonstrates and maintains punctuality and a good attendance record.
22. Demonstrates competency in interpretation of ECG strips by satisfactory completion yearly competency exam.
23. Complies with scheduling requirements utilizing request books and posted schedules. Maintains flexibility in staffing and in assignments.
MINIMUM OF 3-5 YEARS CARDIAC MONITOR TECH EXPERIENCE AND TELEMETRY CERTIFICATION REQUIRED