Observes, evaluates, reports, interprets and records electrocardiogram (EKG) recordings for monitored patients. The Telemetry Monitor Technician provides indirect patient care to adolescents through the adult patient population. The Telemetry Monitor Technician under the supervision of the Registered Professional Nurse and or/the Physician is responsible for providing age-appropriate, culturally and ethnically sensitive care, maintaining a safe environment, collecting information, communicating effectively and utilizing technology. The role of the Telemetry Monitor Technician also includes patient advocacy.
- High school diploma or GED
- An EKG certification or equivalent is required
- BLS required or must complete within 30 days of employment
- Requires successful completion of an EKG Interpretation Exam with a minimal score of 88%
- Demonstrate ability to use a computer
Grady Health System - 2 years ago