SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Monitor Technician promptly and accurately identifies, documents and communicates information on cardiac rhythm status of patients being monitored to the registered nurse and the physician. Serves as the first point of contact for a monitored patients call button. Appropriately demonstrates a sense of urgency. The Monitor Technician supports positive patient, family and staff relationships.
? High school diploma or equivalent GED.
? Previous experience in health care as Paramedic, EMT, Unit Clerk, Healthcare Clerical Associate, Unit Secretary, Nurse Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse.
? Computer literacy.
? Previous experience in specialty area.
? Cardiac rhythm course
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
? Follows detailed written and oral instructions.
? Cardiac Rhythm / dysrhythmia training.
? Requires basic reading, writing, or simple arithmetic skills.
? May operate basic equipment/machinery.
? Demonstrates strong customer service skills.
? Demonstrates strong teamwork skills.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Promptly and accurately identifies cardiac rhythms and dysrhythmias through continuous monitor observation.
2. Accurately documents rhythms/dysrhythmias on Monitor Communication Sheet and Rhythm and Pressure Waveform Flowsheet according to guidelines.
3. Promptly communicates information concerning cardiac rhythm status to professional nurse and physicians.
4. Attends monitors at all times while on duty until properly relieved.
5. Answers patient call buttons in specific units.
6. Participates in the orientation of new staff members under the direction of the professional nursing staff.
7. Supports and participates in education activities which promote the development of self and peers and staff.
8. Follows hospital policy regarding safety, infection control, and ethical standards as well as those of JCAHO, State, Federal, and other accrediting agencies.
9. Holds self, employees and co-workers accountable for keeping patient satisfaction and safety the first priority in performing the essential duties of their jobs.
10. Works overtime as needed.
11. Effectively functions as a unit team member.
12. Works other areas as assigned.
13. Performs other duties as needed.
Job Accountabilities – other
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Humility of Mary Health Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Humility of Mary Health Partners (E - 10 months ago