The primary purpose of the Monitor Tech position is to provide continual surveillance of cardiac rhythms for all monitored patients' within CCU, ICU and PCU. Notify units promptly when arrhythmias/alarms occur. Maintain telemetry equipment and provide documentation of arrhythmias in a centralized monitoring station.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School Graduate or equivalent.
2. Completion of Basic EKG/Arrhythmia course. Demonstrated ability to interpret cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias required.
3. CMT/Cardiac Experience Preferred.
4. Working knowledge of medical terminology.
· Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
· Ability to remain focused and maintain concentration over extended period of time.
· Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
· Frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing equipment up to 20 pounds.
· Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
· Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
· Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
· KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year, operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.