1. Assist staff in facilitation of telemetry utilization guidelines.
2. Admits patient into monitoring system according to cardiac monitoring protocol.
3. Measures P-R interval, rate, QRS, QT, QTc and ST measurement, underlying rhythm determination and all other rhythm disturbances on the strip documenting findings.
4. Maintains the monitor report sheets updating through out shift.
5. Receives/delivers report at change of shift utilizing monitor report sheet.
6. Reviews all event histories every two hours printing and documenting events. Communicates findings to RN/LPN.
7. Responds to alarms per cardiac monitoring policy.
8. Utilizes appropriate communication tools to notify RN/LPN of detected changes.
9. Maintains open communication with patent care area regarding quality of telemetry transmission, patient activity/transport/admission discharge to ensure continuous and accurate monitoring of patients’ cardiac activity.
Entity Bryn Mawr Hospital
Department Monitor Techs
Shift 7PM-7:30 AM
Weekend Requirements every other
Salary Grade 205
Main Line Health - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Part of the Jefferson Health System, Main Line Health serves constituents in the Philadelphia area. The health system consists of four...