(Also used for job codes 6426, 6427)
Patient Care Manager
The telemetry Monitor Technician is responsible for assisting in patient care delivery by observing cardiac monitors and identifying EKG rhythms, interpreting changes in EKG rhythms, identifying EKG dysrhythmias and reporting such information completely and accurately to nursing staff.
1. Assist staff in facilitation of telemetry utilization guidelines.
2. Admits patient into monitoring system according to cardiac monitoring protocol.
3. Measures P-R interval, rate, QRS, QT, QTc and ST measurement, underlying rhythm determination and all other rhythm disturbances on the strip documenting findings.
4. Maintains the monitor report sheets updating through out shift.
5. Receives/delivers report at change of shift utilizing monitor report sheet.
6. Reviews all event histories every two hours printing and documenting events. Communicates findings to RN/LPN.
7. Responds to alarms per cardiac monitoring policy.
8. Utilizes appropriate communication tools to notify RN/LPN of detected changes.
9. Maintains open communication with patent care area regarding quality of telemetry transmission, patient activity/transport/admission discharge to ensure continuous and accurate monitoring of patients’ cardiac activity.
1. High School or GED equivalent. Preferred completion of technical cardiovascular program.
B. LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION
1. Preferred certification
1. Preferred one year minimum
D. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
1. Successful completion of dysrhythmia test upon hire and annually.
2. Successful completion of clinical orientation of monitor observation with RN/Educator
A. EQUIPMENT USED
1. Telemetry monitors; phone system
C. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Origination Date: MLH : 6/97
Revision Date: MLH : 3/98
Reviewed Date: MLH : 3/99;3/00;3/01;3/02; 10/06
Entity Paoli Hospital
Department Monitor Techs
Weekend Requirements every 3rd
Salary Grade 205
Part of the Jefferson Health System, Main Line Health serves constituents in the Philadelphia area. The health system consists of four...