To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
PeaceHealth is looking for an outstanding MONITOR TECHNICIAN to join our Cardiovascular team! This is a PART TIME, evening shift position.
This position is responsible for obtaining and interpreting cardiac physiological monitoring data, documenting any changes in arrhythmias and reporting and problems to a registered nurse or physician. Also responsible for assessing and maintaining equipment to ensure proper function.
1. Operate the appropriate monitoring device in accordance with physician orders. Expert at using all functions of central monitoring equipment.
2. Observe monitors continually, detecting and documenting any changes in heart rhythm and arrhythmias according to department standards. Indentify and interpret EKG and relay pertinent information to physician or nurse according to department standards.
3. Assist physicians in viewing rhythm history.
4. Orient staff to central monitoring capability and role of Monitor Tech.
5. Perform clerical duties as assigned which may include: processing admissions, discharges and transfers; physician order entry.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Completion of Nurse Aide, Medical Assistant or equivalent program preferred.
Completion of EKG class, monitoring equipment class, and order entry class within 1 month of hire.
Experience in healthcare setting preferred. Prefer work within cardiology specialty preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
please see above.