BLS- Basic Life Support
1 year of hospital experience preferred
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Monitor Technician's functions include observation, identification, documentation and communication of various cardiac rhythms. The Monitor Technician reports these changes to the patient's assigned nurse and responds to physician inquiries.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
- Facilitates coordination of patient related activities
- Maintains orderly unit
- Utilized patient call system as indicated and communicates to appropriate staff
- Demonstrates effective working relationships with other Associates, guests and physicians
- Reports changes in patient’s EKG to appropriate RN
- Maintains and documents EKG/other telemetry data on appropriate forms as per policy
- Prepares and updates forms/logs and records related to the management of telemetry data and the patient care unit.
- Completes telemetry documentation tools as outlined in telemetry monitoring procedure.
- Maintains working knowledge of monitoring equipment used on unit.
- Processes admission/transfer/discharge of patients on telemetry.
- Maintains par levels of the telemetry batteries.
- Interprets changes in rate and rhythm on EKG and reports to appropriate RN.
- Reports malfunction of equipment/interruptions in telemetry transmission to Bio-Medical Department.
- Demonstrates competency in interpretation of ECG strips by satisfactory completion of yearly competency exam.
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with telemetry
- 3 years experience preferred
- Certification through CCI preferred
- BLS required
Seton Healthcare Family - 19 months ago