Essential job functions
Minimum qualification s
- General Responsibilities
- Observes EKG monitor and reports arrhythmias or rhythm changes to the appropriate personnel.
- Initiates communication of any life threatening arrhythmias or change in patient status promptly and to the appropriate personnel.
- Implements emergency procedures according to policies and procedures.
- Observes patient on closed circuit monitor and reports activity changes promptly to appropriate personnel.
- Operates and troubleshoots all monitor station equipment.
- Maintains monitor station records and arrhythmia strips as assigned.
- Participates in monitoring, identifying, and reporting safety related issues (i.e. patient safety, family/visitor safety, etc.).
- Completes applicable competencies and mandatory requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent required
When it comes to expertise in a large number of medical specialties, people in Lafayette know their hospitals are more than up to the task...