ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will assist with program design, the development of monitoring and evaluation plans and tools, data management and analysis, and program reporting. She/he will support programs across the organization, with an initial focus on programs in China and Morocco. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Deputy Director of ABA ROLI.
- Develop an organization-wide policy with regard to the design, monitoring and evaluation of programs and memorialize these policies as well as practices in a comprehensive Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Manual for ABA ROLI;
- Help create rigorous standards and protocols for program design;
- Help create rigorous standards and protocols for the development of monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Contribute to the creation of data-driven case studies;
- Train and advise staff in the use and implementation of M&E tools and processes, including indicators, data collection techniques and methodologies, measurement tools and analysis, and reporting protocols;
- Oversee effective data collection activities;
- Help oversee staff efforts to conduct in-depth assessments of programs;
- Help promote a “culture of effectiveness” at ABA ROLI that further elevates the institutional value place on measurable impact;
- Ensure adherence to USAID and other funders’ M&E requirements and regulations;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, or related field; Master’s degree strongly preferred;
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in designing, overseeing and implementing impact evaluations or combination of education, training and experience;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, and project management software;
- Experience conducting impact evaluations for federal funding agencies such as USAID;
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators and conducting program evaluations;
- Proposal development experience with design, monitoring and evaluation, including applied research, indicator development, and qualitative behavior measures;
- Proven ability to apply strategic analytical skills and understanding of donor requirements and expectations (particularly the USG) to the design stage;
- Practical field experience across a broad range of programmatic areas and contexts;
- Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, and multi task to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment in problem solving and decision making;
- Strong ability to apply interpersonal skills, and collaborate with others and successfully work as an effective team member;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
Global Jobs - 8 months ago