Location: Plano, TX
Duration: long term
Required Exp: 8yrs
1. Responsible for the daily administration and patching of NNM, and supporting NetOps with issues surrounding NNM.
2. Actively manage the incident queue for Open View agent issues and resolve issues that cannot be corrected by Infra Ops.
3. Identify trends in ticket volumes such as defects and work thru vendor for solutions and bug fixes.
4. Participate in on-call rotation.
5. Maintain and communicate to the team lists of defects, work around and solutions.
6. Configure baseline monitoring request for Process and Disk monitoring.
Skills and Interactions:
1. 2+ years of experience in Network Node Manager 9i with experience supporting the software in an HA clustered environment. Candidate will also need strong Unix/Linux skill including shell scripting, experience with SNMP devices, understanding of Unix file system structures, RDBMs concepts and manipulation
2. Candidate must be proficient in scripting using one or more of the following technologies: Perl, KSH scripting.
3. The ideal candidate will possess excellent analytical and communication skills with an emphasis on customer service. Ability to present technical information in a non-technical manner, multi-task, set priorities and meet project deadlines.
4. Important interaction points include the Infrastructure Operation, Network Operations, and individual IT and Business leads.