Position will be responsible to work as a team member in building and sustaining the infrastructure for global IT System Monitoring and Event Management at the ICS Department of the LDS Church. Engineer will work in cooperation with the respective Technical and Operational staff to ensure the infrastructure conforms with the operational needs and integrates with the proper systems.
- 3 years or more experience in implementation and administration of monitoring systems.
- Exhibit a high level end-to-end understanding of monitoring system architecture/design for large computing environments.
- Experience in administering one or more of the following monitoring tools: AppDynamics, BMC, Splunk, Foglight, VMware vCOPS, Nagios, HP BSM, CA Wily Introscope.
- Unix/Linux and Windows administration experience, including command-line and unix scripting experience.
- Networking Experience.
- Excellent analysis and troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptability; able to adapt to changing business requirements and react quickly.
- Self-motivated individual, able to work independently yet in coordination with a team.
- Baseline support experience.
- Implementation and support of the Event Management System based on commercial and other software tools enabling a robust Event Monitoring System across all strategic platforms and services, databases, networks servers, in addition to Service Level Agreement and Business Impact monitoring.
- Maintain the health of monitoring infrastructure and ensure the systems will be routinely updated following department policy.
- Continuously improve the environment to maximize value and service availability.
- Meet with various business units to audit and understand their monitoring needs, and work out solutions on how to improve their monitoring posture.
- Participate in new monitoring implementations and provisioning as required.
- Writing interfaces and scripts as required by the environmental needs.
- Provide reports of daily and weekly activities.
- Provide on-call support along with other teammates.
- Develop, implement and execute test plans for new and existing features.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/How to Apply
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Apply at http://ldschurch.jobs. Click on the "Advanced Search" link and enter the job reference id in the "Job Opening ID" field after signing in.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist church that...