MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER
Location: Arlington, VA with up to 50% travel to AECOM International Development Project locations (including conflict countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq)
AECOM seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for our USAID-funded program portfolio . This Officer will be responsible for delivering monitoring and evaluation products and services, ensuring quality control and reinforcing accountability, transparency and organizational learning. The selected candidate will travel extensively (about 50%) to AECOM’s project locations to provide oversight and support to ongoing project M&E activities. The remaining 50% of time will be spent supporting M&E initiatives from the home office in Arlington, VA, including project reviews and developing performance monitoring plans for new business efforts.
· Establishing/strengthening M&E systems in accordance with the USAID/Missions guidance and developing appropriate associated tools
· Monitoring/managing the system for tracking deliverables on timeliness and quality
· Supporting the Work Plan and Mid- and End- Year review processes to make sure the solid M&E component is present including consistency and quality of objectives and indicator targets
· Assisting projects and working with USAID Missions on objective formation, and selection and refinement of indicators including establishment of baselines and targets, and creation of data quality assessment and indicator reference sheets
· Establishing information systems to collect and analyse data from different sources including maintaining library of key assessments, evaluations and surveys on specific countries
· Organizing/managing bi-annual portfolio reviews to ensure the projects are on track and/or to prevent shortfalls
· Preparing for external evaluations through regular data collection and collaboration with USAID mission staff
· Reviewing the efficacy of AECOM funds in supporting projects to meet their objectives
· Initiating a need of particular assessments, surveys and other data collection tools
· Providing training to the projects’ staff to ensure consistent and quality in-house M&E
· Advanced degree in economics, international development, or related field
· At least 7 years of experience tracking and evaluating donor-funded international development programs
· Demonstrated experience and understanding of USAID project management protocol
· Fluency in English is required and a second language is preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AECOM - 24 months ago
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...