Cafe Lead Morning Chef :|
We are a leader & Michigan’s largest independent food management firm as well as the Top 50 Contract Dining Service Providers in the nation, for 10 years running. Today, as a leader in the food service industry, we have more than 650 clients spanning business, education, healthcare, government, and the nonprofit sector.
We’re looking for an experienced Lead Morning Chef professionals who know and love the food service & hospitality Industry. Our quick- service Café is open concept, and needs Chef Managers that are team-oriented who develop others while managing a customer-driven, high-energy environment and want to be part of continued exciting growth. At these cafes we’re looking for Chef professionals who aggressively want more than just a job but a career path that leads to personal growth and financial achievement and is comfortable working and floating between two locations in the Metro Detroit area.
We're looking for a Morning Lead Chef Manager with at least 2-5+ years of current restaurant, café, or food service or related culinary management experience. Candidates should have a solid background in team building & Culinary Skills/Production and have a passion for service excellence .
Provides food services by maintaining cafes daily production; maintaining company standards; supervising and train staff, and growing and improving upon taste, quality and overall goals and profitability.
This position reports directly to the cafe General Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes café objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions of cooks, food service workers, cashiers, and other operations personnel; all while adhering to policies and procedures;
- Meets café operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system and process improvements.
- Meets café financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; Oversee weekly audits on food waste, labor cost, inventory, food ordering, bank deposits and cash handling practices; identifying variances & implementing corrective actions.
- Controls food preparation and service by consulting with cooks and team leaders; merchandising goods and serving meals in an attractive manner; involving customers in food service activities.
- Gathers feedback and commentary regarding food and service by interviewing customers; conducting evaluations; reviewing suggestions
- Prepares café operations and production reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing food production and service data and trends.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with sanitation and federal, state, and local legal regulations; SERV-SAFE certified highly preferred, enforce policies for best practices when handling food, sanitation and overall safe kitchen.
- Maintains cafe supplies by purchasing of ingredients and general supplies; conducting inventories; establishing inventory levels, re-order points, receiving and storage requirements.
- Maintains café equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; operating point-of-sale (POS) equipment, such as, cash registers, computers, keypads; instructing staff in equipment use; maintaining equipment supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment; making recommendations of equipment purchases.
- Accomplishes café operations/sales goals along with the General Manager by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Decisive Decision Making Strategic Planning & Process Improvement P & L experience, Inventory Management Excellent Verbal Communication Must have strong culinary and knife skills, know all areas of kitchen production Kitchen Supervision Experience Client & Customers Relations Skills Quality Management, Serv-Safe Certified highly PREFERRED. Promoting Process Improvement Staffing & Administrative Duties 2-5+ Years of management/culinary experience in restaurant, café, or related food service setting Hands- On Management Approach Willing to Submit to Pre-Employment Drug Screen &Background Check
TO APPLY:Qualified Candidates Please Send Cover Letter & Resume to:
We are proud to be an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER .
- Please include in subject title of e-mail “Café Morning Lead Chef- Dearborn”