Mortgage Consultant (safe)
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG), we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Consumer Credit Card, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses - Human Resources, Finance, Credit Risk, and Compliance & Operational Risk.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage Origination team builds strong relationships with consumers and referral partners to help our customers reach their personal and financial goals through homeownership.
This position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Together we'll go far! Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is the nation's leading mortgage lender. We are driven to provide exceptional home loan service to consumers and business partners. With a strong, nationwide branch network, we strive to offer the very best platforms, technology, tools, and compensation. At Wells Fargo, we foster an inclusive, customer focused work environment where innovation is encouraged and performance rewarded. We invest in you, develop your talents, and help you maximize your potential. If we want to be successful in today's world, we must be as diverse, in every respect, as the customers and communities we serve. We have an immediate opening for a Home Mortgage Consultant (HMC). This individual is responsible for producing high quality loans that meet Wells Fargo Home Mortgage guidelines by building relationships with realtors, builders, financial professionals, bank stores, past customers and other nontraditional sources, while providing excellent customer service. Strong sales and organizational skills are essential. Bi-lingual job seekers are encouraged to apply.
Additional duties include:
- Develop knowledge of company products, policies and procedures, and underwriting requirements
- Understand real estate appraisals, title reports, and real estate transactions
- Inform prospective and existing customers of WFHM programs, rates, policies, underwriting requirements, and loan procedures
- Analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk
- Receive customer applications, quote the rate and points, and complete follow-up activities with the registration lock-in
- Develop and maintain a high degree of visibility for WFHM in the marketplace
- Perform miscellaneous duties as needed and required
1+ years sales experience in financial services OR 1+ years outside sales experience.
This position requires S.A.F.E. registration at the time of employment. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents. Availability to assist customers on evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to use database marketing
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to move 15+ pounds
- Ability to operate a moving vehicle or have access to transportation
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for 6-8 hours a day
- High school education or equivalent
- Documented retail residential mortgage fundings over the past 12 months referred primarily from established, local, external sources
- Mortgage industry experience
- Bi-lingual skills
- Bachelor's degree