- 3 years experience in real estate/mortgage sales required or 5 years proven product and relationship sales skills
- Strong entrepreneurial and business development/sales experience/skills
- Subject matter expert - mortgage compliance regulations
- Business acumen and judgment- bank mortgage products, policies, and procedures
- Needs analysis (analyzing information regarding customer income/debts, etc.)
- Computer proficiency - Mortgage software products (P.O.S laptop origination, auto underwriting, etc.)
- Proven Sales and Customer service skills
- Interpersonal/Persuasive/Influencing and negotiation skills
- Communication (both written and verbal skills must be strong)
- Strong self Initiative and self motivated
- Research and multi task skills
- Problem solving
Responsible for developing and retaining relationships with community groups, builders, Realtors, First Niagara Bank branches and alternative sources (i.e. financial planners, attorneys, and business networking organizations) for the purposes of originating 1-4 unit residential mortgages in low/moderate income census tracts and to low/moderate income borrowers.
- Develop and follow through with a business plan to market the company and to various business sources to position the company as a leader in the CRA lending space.
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell other First Niagara Financial Group products and services
- Perform other assignments and projects as required
- Provide support at bank sponsored events i.e., Horizons Home Show and community events
- Provide support to back office staff throughout the process
- Respond to customer's residential mortgage needs by analyzing their financial profile, identifying the appropriate mortgage program for them and ultimately originating their application for credit
- Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara's Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements.
First Niagara - 11 months ago
A lot of water and a few barrels have gone over Niagara Falls since First Niagara Bank was founded. Tracing its roots to 1870, the flagship...