PrivateBancorp, Inc. through its subsidiaries, delivers customized business and personal financial services to middle-market companies, as well as business owners, executives, entrepreneurs and families in all of the markets and communities we serve. We provide a comprehensive benefit package including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) with employer match, insurance and EAP. Please visit our web site www.theprivatebank.com to learn more about The PrivateBank and Trust Company and PrivateBancorp, Inc. listed on NASDAQ PVTB. Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
This position is a commission-based outside mortgage loan originator. The candidate will be expected to produce residential 1 st and 2 nd mortgage loans, either for purchase, refinance or new construction, in compliance with Bank and/or investor guidelines. They will take direction from the Market Sales Manager with regard to new business generation activities, and will interface internally with Bank staff and externally with Realtors, CPA’s and other professionals.
The LO’s role is to assist prospective clients in obtaining financing for residential real estate, using 1 st and 2 nd mortgage loans, either for purchase, refinance or new construction. They must be able to execute on the following:
- Understand secondary market underwriting and pricing guidelines, as well as Bank policy and procedure, and deliver profitable loans that meet these guidelines.
- Develop loan production from external sources including CPAs, attorneys, and Realtors, while making introductions of these sources and clients back to the appropriate Bank partner.
- Partner with internal staff, including commercial and consumer bankers, to support the cross-sell objectives of each group and deliver high quality service to the Bank’s clients and prospects.
- Originate salable loans by taking applications on our LOS system, collecting appropriate documentation, submitting the loan request to underwriting, and assisting in closing the transaction.
Required Skills (including PC software):
- Superior communication, client service, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated relationship development skills, with a minimum of 10 years experience in the mortgage banking industry.
- PC skills required, both internet and loan originations systems.
The PrivateBank - 21 months ago