StanCorp Mortgage Investors originates and services small commercial real estate loans. With more than 100 years of mortgage lending experience, we have developed expertise in high-quality commercial mortgage loans of between $500,000 and $5 million.
We offer a dynamic work environment fueled by a great team, competitive compensation and benefits, and the opportunity to grow your career with a rapidly growing market leader.
In role you will review, analyze and underwrite assigned mortgage loan and investor-related transactions and portfolios, utilizing real estate valuation and financial analysis techniques, to contribute to the efficient operation of the Loan Underwriting, Investor Relations, Loan Closing and Loan Servicing areas. Analyze and prepare loan commitments, prepare loan documents and closing instructions for escrow and coordinate with representatives of company legal counsel, correspondents, title, escrow, and borrowers. Maintain loan policy and loan document folders and templates. Perform complex and routine mortgage loan servicing functions. Assist supervisors, managers, directors and officers with training of staff.
- Review, anayze and underwrite assigned mortgage loan and investor-related transactions and portfolios consistent with establised guidelines including refinances, new loan originations and administrative transactions (long and sort term extensions, assumptions, modifications and trasfers. Prepare property owner and borrower organizational charts. Complete underwriting worksheets, review and summarize third party reports. Review tenant and borrower financial statements. Provide support to the origination teams as needed.
- Review and analyze annual property inspections and property and borrower financials. Complete annual operating statement analysis and templates, including preparing and recommending stabilized net operating income, loan to value and debt coverage for existing mortgage loans.
- Analyze and prepare loan commitments, prepare loan documents and clsoing isntructions for excrow and coordinate with representatives of company legal counsel, correspondents, title, esxcrow and borrowers. Review title and entity documents to ensure compliance with commitment requirements. Coordinate with correspondents and/or borrowers to ensure timely delivery of all commitment items. Coordinate with legal counsel, correspondent, title and escrow companies to clarify requirements and establish funding schedules.
- Maintain loan policy and loan document folders and templates. Contribute to the writing of loan policy, Ensure loan document folders are kept current with latest updates from management and legal counsel.
- Perform routine and complex servicing functions. Assist supervisors, managers, directors and officers with training of staff. Facilitate efficient and effective communications and workflow between the underwriting, investor relations, closing, and servicing departments. Pariticipate in assigned projects.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance. Law or related field
- Working knowledge of technical and legal information applicable to commercial mortgage lending, mortgage database software, financial and spreadsheet software. Ability to interpret, develop, and/or present financial analysis and underwriting valuation techniques; apply investment terminology and concepts to related written and verbal communications.
StanCorp Financial Group - 23 months ago
Providing insurance and related financial services is standard operating procedure at StanCorp Financial Group. Through Standard...