Manage workflows and assigned personnel as needed to ensure the highest level of internal control and member service while maintaining timely scheduling and closing of residential mortgage approvals. Manage staffing levels to appropriate levels utilizing full time staff and contract workers as needed.
• Manage the loan closing process to ensure that loan approvals are prepared and scheduled for closing in accordance with internal policies, external regulations, and secondary market requirements.
• Ensure that staffing levels and preparedness are adequate to meet projected closing volume. Recommend hiring contract employees when necessary and interview and hire personnel as needed.
• Counsel, mentor, coach, and recognize staff by interpreting feedback reinforcing positive skills, and identifying areas for improvement Provide leadership in establishing process change and improvement specifically related to the real estate underwriting function and generally to the overall operation of the lending center.
• Provide leadership in establishing process change and improvement specifically related to the real estate underwriting function and generally to the overall operation of the lending center.
• Manage third party vendors to ensure they are producing expected results in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Develop and manage this department within an annual budget.
• Deliver assigned projects and reports on time and within budget.
• Bachelors degree in a business related discipline, or equivalent banking experience
• Minimum 7 years experience in residential real estate underwriting and closing
• Proven supervisory and team leadership experience
• Strong analytical, negotiation, and computer skills
• Strong verbal, written and presentations skills
• Must complete submission of application to the NMLS within the first week of employment and subsequently be successfully registered as a Mortgage Loan Originator through ESL
ESL Federal Credit Union - 19 months ago