University Federal Credit Union (UFCU), voted one of the Best Companies To Work For In Texas for 2011, has an immediate opportunity for a Mortgage Loan Officer . This new position provides an outstanding opportunity for a rewarding career with our progressive, member-owned organization. Our new team members will be results and member-focused with a passionate enthusiasm for making a difference in the lives of others. Your passion to provide exceptional customer/member service will contribute to your success.
Analyzes financial needs of members and makes mortgage loan product recommendations. Creates opportunities and relationships through personal prospecting, networking, and other business generation activities.
- Exhibits sales and financial analysis competency in the origination process, creating solutions and mortgage management plans for the member.
- Actively seeks opportunities to increase loan volume and cross sell credit union products, including deposit, car refinance, student loans, home insurance, business loan opportunities and investment opportunities.
- Exhibits strong consultative sales skills, analytic ability, knowledge of the mortgage bond market, and ability to perform and explain mathematical comparisons of the mortgage options available to the member. Complies with RESPA, HMDA, and other laws and regulations.
- Counsels members to identify the correct mortgage product for their financial and housing needs, reviews credit and DU findings, requests supporting documents, and assist applicants in filling out the application packet if necessary.
- Utilizes a consistent follow up program to track all phases of the loan process from start to closing such as: communicating voice-to-voice loan approvals and denials to applicants, providing proper documentation and support in a timely manner, serving as a liaison between involved parties in the mortgage transactions such as REALTORS, Title Company personnel and others, attending the closing when possible, and making a post closing follow up call to ensure member satisfaction and request referrals.
- Aids in marketing real estate services to SEGS to bring new mortgage loan business to UFCU. Makes calls and presentations to assigned SEG groups to promote credit union membership and mortgage origination.
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills. Provides timely and accurate information to members (responds within 24 hours) and weekly and monthly reports to management. Displays a commitment to providing up-to-date and accurate information by attending a minimum of two professional seminars annually and pursuing on-going learning.
- Displays strong interpersonal skills through fostering team work and demonstrating patience and respect when dealing with difficult situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree. High school diploma or equivalent mortgage and/or financial experience required.
- Required: Minimum of 2 years inside/outside sales experience or comparable experience.
- 1-2 years mortgage loan origination experience required.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of the Federal and State Regulations dealing with Mortgage and Home Equity lending.
- Strong computer skills and competence in Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual in Spanish desired.
University Federal Credit Union - 15 months ago