Looking for a full-time, experienced retail mortgage loan processor. Great environment, working with very experienced loan originators. Salary based on experience
Responsible for processing government (FHA& VA) and conventional (FNMA) loan requests based on product, underwriting and investor guidelines, and ensuring adherence to compliance procedures. The Mortgage Processor also provides sufficient information for an underwriting decision, while providing excellent customer service. The Mortgage Processor (Loan Specialist) is expected to manage and process through underwriting approval and into closing a pipeline of mortgage loan applications of primarily new construction loans.
- Sets up and orders third party work (title, appraisals, verbal and written verifications, etc.)
- Works with loan officers to process mortgage loans and communicates directly with underwriters and other interested third parties in transactions (realtors, builders, appraisers, title reps, etc.)
- Communicates with loan officers and underwriters in order to ensure loans submitted fit investor guidelines prior to submission
- Notifies loan officers of missing or needed items in order to submit loan, then prepares, stacks, and submits completed loan files to underwriting
- Clears all prior-to-closing and funding conditions and notifies loan officers of any missing or corrected documents or of any outstanding conditions needed for closing
- Interacts with funding/closing department and title personnel in order to request loan documents and ensure timely closing of loans after the file has been cleared to close
Experience: 3-5 years plus
This position requires very close attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
Knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to the mortgage-banking industry (i.e. TILA, ECOA, etc.)
Experience using automated financial- and/or loan-tracking systems
Have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Minimum of 3 year experience working in the mortgage industry (must have active processing experience in the past 12 months)
- Computer experience with Microsoft office and extensive familiarity with internet
- Strong customer service (will be interacting with realtors, builders and customers on a daily basis)
Applicant must have great disposition at all times communicating well verbally as well as in writing. Experience with processing for multiple states and new construction loans is a plus. FGMC is an equal opportunity employer and environmentally friendly company processing from a “paperless” file system.
Please reply with a resume and brief cover letter.