Tennessee’s largest independent retail mortgage lender and top 5 volume lender in the state in total volume ( #1 THDA, #2 FHA and #2 VA), Mortgage Investors Group (MIG), has an immediate opening for an EXPERIENCED Mortgage Loan Processor with at least 3-5 years processing mortgage loans and a strong knowledge of Conventional, FHA, VA and THDA loans in our Sevierville Branch Office. Founded in 1989, MIG has a statewide branch network using a local processing model. All underwriting and closing activities are handled in TN. We are the # 2 FHA lender, heavily focused on purchase and realtor business and well versed in all types of conventional and government lending.
We offer excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance and 401(k).
Following the approved mapping process, an experienced Processor processes all loans according to the proper product type, investor, agency and internal guidelines, processes and procedures in an accurate manner within the time frames required and provides the highest level of customer service to every party involved in the transaction, both internally and externally.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Legal Compliance: Ensure all loans are processed in strict accordance with MIG, investor, agency, federal, state and regulatory guidelines. Ensure all documentation obtained corresponds directly to the loan or product type chosen by the realtor or borrower, that each form or piece of paper is original, if applicable, and free of errors or misrepresentation, and has proper signatures and dates. Ensure GFE, 1003, TIL and Servicing Disclosure is in compliance.
- Customer Service: Provide every applicant, borrower, realtor, builder, title company, appraiser or anyone associated with the origination process with the highest and most efficient level of customer service in the most friendly, courteous and helpful way possible.
· Incidental Functions:
- Loan Processing:
- Coordinate with Loan Officer(s) and Closing Department.
- Review all E3 and automated underwriting data on a frequent basis to include, but not limited to: Lock-in, Appraised Value and Loan to Value, Loan Amounts, Income and Assets information.
- Obtain relevant information from every applicant, borrower, realtor, builder, Title Company, appraiser or anyone associated with the origination process.
- Perform comparison of final HUD-1 with the good faith estimate.
- Submit accurate and complete final loan package for internal or external underwriting.
- Efficiently maintain and control a loan pipeline of 40 or more including FHA, VA and THDA files and have an excellent understanding of all aspects of loan programs and internal and external guidelines.
o Relieve home office reception ist during lunch, breaks and unexpected illness.
o Copy files or documents.
o Maintain toner for copiers.
o Mail marketing materials to customers as directed by Loan Officer(s).
o If necessary, meet with customer when Loan Officer is absent with cause.
o Perform the work of other processors during illness or vacation.
o Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education :
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Some college preferred
Minimum Knowledge :
· Excellent ability to relate to all types of personalities and situations in an empathetic, calm, rational and professional manner maintaining a proper balance to meet all sales and corporate needs
· Strong interpretive reasoning and problem solving ability and excellent analytical skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to express and exchange ideas in a professional and courteous manner
· Excellent proficiency/medium level of supervision
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel & Word) and the comfortable ability to learn and work with various Mortgage computerized applications
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to prioritize and perform constantly changing multiple tasks in a very fast paced environment
· Ability to work independently with little or no supervision, self-disciplined, self-motivated and self-reliant
· Strong training capabilities and ability to transfer knowledge to new employees in a helpful and easy to understand manner
Minimum Experience :
· 3-5 years processing mortgage loans, including a strong knowledge of FHA, VA and THDA loans
· Closing experience a plus
Mortgage Investors Group - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard